Ban Appeal

• Discord Username: Daddy Wide Legs#1883
    Discord ID: 244591598774648832
    Date/Time when ban was issued: 6/17/2018 9:42 pm
    Reason given (if any) for the ban: I was accused of DOXing someone for posting an instagram account that the person was claiming to be.
    Warnings received prior to the ban: None
    Team member who issued the ban: Sintharius
    Explain why we should lift the ban: Honestly, I didn't realize it would be considered DOXing because no personal information was used (The person told me the name was fake) and I just had reason to suspect that the discord user was using a false identity and impersonating another person (which I realize isn't really an excuse for breaking rules, but I felt it needed to be addressed, so I will not do this type of thing in the future). I now realize what I did was wrong and I should've thought out the process more before I acted.
    How have you changed since this happened: I know not to post social media accounts, and instead to dm people if I have an issue with them in the future.
    How do you plan on being different if we lift the ban: I will be more considerate when approaching issues and be more careful to not break rules in the future. Once again, I'm very sorry, I just thought I was doing the right thing (which turned out to be wrong).

• GUIDES OF THE LOTUS

I think you need to take a bit more time to consider what you did. It may have felt small when you did it, and even now might seem like not a big deal to you, but what you did was a violation of trust, and just because you can find and post information doesn't mean it's a good idea to do so. You will remain banned for now, seeing as you had been warned once and refused to acknowledge fault afterwards.