Ban Appeal: PiP#3308

• Discord Username: PiP#3308

Discord ID: 239145969898225666

Date/Time when ban was issued: 12/17/2018 at 7:44am Central Time (GMT-06:00)

Reason given (if any) for the ban: Attempted real money scam

Warnings received prior to the ban: None that I recall

Team member who issued the ban: Tobiah#0001

Explain why we should lift the ban:
    I was originally not going to make this appeal, but after many users have asked me to try to return to the server to play with them in squad voice channels, I've decided to try.

The first opportunity for me to appeal would've been on 12/31/18 at the same time, but I didn't want to interrupt or sour staffs' holidays.

The copypaste I wrote was not an actual money scam, yet it violated Rules 4, 6, and 7 (I think - since the direct message would be a 'ping').

How have you changed since this happened:
    I've given it enough time and thought to understand how egregiously hateful and racist that copypaste was - even 'in context', which there was none. It was terrible. Plain and simple.

I've tried since this incident to drastically reduce and eventually curb completely many behaviors in other servers and communities that reflect this sort of - for lack of better phrasing, deleterious shitposting that offends everyone involved.

When I was banned, I couldn't even be mad or upset. It was warranted, and on top of that the last direct message I had sent to Tobiah was in June 2018, with my earliest message being May '18. This copypaste came with no context, rhyme or reason.

How do you plan on being different if we lift the ban:
    I violated not only the rules above, but a sort of unspoken rule on any social media platform with a community of this size - Tobiah's open Direct Messages are a privilege, not a right.

I incredibly idiotically at the time thought it would be 'funny' - since you can't do Western Union wire transfers unless it's to another Western Union, 45 Provincial Place isn't an actual address in New Delhi, Ranesh Hamoundwaji is not an executive at T-Series, et al.

I was almost delirious from sleep deprivation at the time, which not only is not an excuse, but upon brief reflection after my ban and based on the time, it would appear that Tobiah woke up or at the very least saw this awfulness in his DMs very early or very late where he is.

• GUIDES OF THE LOTUS

You'll be unbanned shortly.